The LE Level 1 and Level 2 courses are ICF accredited and carry Continuing Coach Education (CCE) hours
Level 1 – Fundamentals Course
Upcoming Level 1 event
This 2-day ICF accredited workshop offers participants an introduction to LE, language, practices and principles. Through simple physical exercises we learn to recognise our stress patterns that arise when we are in intense situations. Once we are familiar with our pattern, we apply centering practices to help us shift to a more creative, compassionate and skilful state. Through a set of different learning exercises we create a lasting somatic imprint in the body. Individual debrief and group discussions offer a dynamic learning environment.
At Level 1 – Fundamentals Course you can expect to learn tools and practices that:
- cultivate the key leadership skills of inclusion, listening without taking things personally and advocating without aggression
- help you increase presence, confidence, compassion and a sense of humour when dealing with change and challenges
- manage stress, conflict and resistance with greater ease and skill
- teach you to work effectively from your “centered self” rather than your “personality orientated reactive self”
- enable you to center under pressure
- access the power and intelligence of emotional energy
Level 2 – Expanding the Space
Upcoming Level 2 event
Building on the Fundamentals Level 1, the Level 2 – Expanding the Space ICF accredited course offers participants an opportunity to deepen their awareness and explore their patterns and centering practice in a variety of situations. This workshop will introduce you to working with the wooden practice sword to raise energy and in crease your capacity for positive power, especially when Speaking Up.
At Level 2 – Expanding the Space you can expect to:
- deepen your insights into personal reactive patterns and limiting assumptions
- develop variations on the practices learnt in LE Fundamentals (Level 1) and increase your capacity to improvise based on what is needed spontaneously
- grow your practice so that it becomes more embedded and accessible in your daily life.
- create new ways of working with challenges and develop practices based on your unique circumstances and patterns
- grow your ability to share the work with others
- learn to work with greater levels of intensity of energy, which translates to more skilful psychological and emotional capacity.
Level 3 – Deep Dive is an intensive immersion process that blends a mindfulness approach to discovering what stops you from achieving your full potential with building greater capacity for collaboration, empowerment and skilful action. The 3 and ½ day retreat involves sitting meditation and LE partner exercises. Wendy Palmer, the founder of LE is the lead instructor for all retreats. She brings a simplicity, ease, and compassion to the practice , and creates a safe container to explore whatever is arising.
At Level 3 – Deep Dive you can expect to:
- develop a sitting practice, and with it the ability to make friends with ourselves.
- crystallise and articulating a clear intention, and using bokkens (wooden swords) to cut the intention into place.
- be in community with others and learning from each other.
- combine a sense of of depth and lightness that invites further personal development.
- experience reactive patterns and creating valid alternatives that are more skilful and allow us to be more effective in life.
- be guided in meditation helpful for both beginners and long term meditators.
Upcoming practice group
At the monthly 2 ½ hours practice groups we touch in with the support of the Leadership Embodiment community. The groups are led by an LE teacher but the programme for the morning is decided by the group on the day, addressing any challenges and inspirations that present themselves.
Schedule 2019 Cape Town Practice Groups
As the physical exercises to explore your stress pattern, for centering and practising leadership competencies are done in pairs, Leadership Embodiment is ideally placed for individual coaching. Contact one of our Leadership Embodiment coaches in Cape Town and Johannesburg to find out more.
Upcoming breakfast workshop
At this 3 hour public talk we share the theory, tools and powerful practices of Leadership Embodiment with you and your team over breakfast.
You can expect to:
- learn a simple practice you can use to rebalance and re-centre yourself resulting in less stress and more ease.
- access big picture thinking even when under pressure
- increase your presence, confidence, compassion and a sense of humour when dealing with change and challenges
- network and enjoy a delicious breakfast.
Cultivating Leadership with and through HorsesUpcoming event with horses
This is a 1-day course of experiential and embodied learning with horses on ‘eye-level’, ie there is no riding involved and no previous horse experience is required.
Horses are tuned into the present and the intentions around them and they give us honest, immediate feedback without judging or taking things personally.
Coupled with their inclusive natures and willingness to work with us, this makes them
the perfect mirrors to observe and help us grow our relationship and leadership skills.
At Cultivating Leadership with and through Horses you can expect to:
- learn by observing horses’ leadership and co-operation ability
- examine your leadership and teamwork patterns that emerge as a response of working with horses on the ground
- explore how different moods and leadership styles affect interactions
- motivate a horse and human team to successfully deal with obstacles
- integrate the powerful feedback from the horse’s mouth about our way of being for take-away to office and home
- have fun, escape the mundane and spend time with powerful, spirited and graceful animals.
What course participants have to say.
Leadership Embodiment Coach Training (LECT) is a 6-month in-depth offering for professional coaches and experienced facilitators who want to deepen their experience with the practices and principles of the LE model and develop the skills to share the work with individuals, groups and organisations.